2 Tbs of Ketjap Manis (Sweet sauce soy)
3 garlic cloves crushed
2 Tsp finely grated fresh ginger
2 Tbs sesame oil
4 shallots, ends trimmed, cut into 4 cm lengths
1 red capsicum, halved, seeded, thinly sliced
4 thai chillies (hot, but depends you are pain barrier)
1 1/2 C Baked Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
Fresh Coriander, to serve
Baked Jasmine rice
1. Turn the oven on to 180C
2. Place in a frying pan 2 Tbs of sesame oil, now add 1 1/2 C of jasmine rice, stir and coat well for a couple of minutes.
3. Add 2 C of boiling water into a heatproof dish and then pour the jasmine rice into the water
4. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes
1. Combine the Tofu, 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce and half the garlic and ginger in a medium bowl.
Set aside for 15 minutes to marinate. Drain the Tofu, reserving any of the marinade.
2. Heat a frying pan over high heat. Add half the oil. Stir-fry one third of the Tofu for 1-2 minutes or until browned.
3. Transfer to a place. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with the remaining Tofu Heat remaining oil in the frying pan.
Add the shallot, combined capsicum, combined chilli, garlic, cashew nuts and ginger. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes
4. Add the Tofu, remaining soy sauce, reserved marinade. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
5. Serve with steamed rice and coriander sprigs.